Classes include floor work and across-the-floor exercises. Improvisation is also incorporated, which fosters creativity. Each level builds on the previous level and is designed to be taken for at least two years, unless a student is promoted sooner by an instructor and the director.
Faculty recommendation or placement appointment is required for all students prior to enrollment. Decisions of placement depend on a student’s physical/emotional maturity as well as skill level, regardless of age ranges given below.
- Contemporary I Ages 8-9. Meets one hour; once a week.
Wednesdays - 1pm - 2pm
Thursdays - 5:45pm - 6:45pm
- Contemporary II Ages 10 & Up. Meets for one hour; once a week.
Thursdays - 4:30pm - 5:30pm
- Contemporary III Ages 11 & Up. Meets one hour; once a week.
Mondays - 4:30pm - 5:30pm
- Contemporary IV Ages 11 & Up. Meets one hour and 15 minutes; once a week.
Mondays - 7:45pm - 9pm
- Contemporary V Ages 11 & Up. Meets one hour and 15 minutes; once a week.
Mondays - 6:30pm - 7:45pm